It’s been about a month since I discussed the state of the project. It’s getting much closer to feature complete.
We’ve recently added a bunch of new interactive scenes, 24 in all. These are all coded and tested to a reasonable level (I doubt I’m as thorough as Rob Heinsoo and Brian Campbell were). We’ve got vague ideas for more, but nothing in the pipeline at the moment.
One of the new scenes involved a new treasure, and I figured if I was going to the working of adding one, I might as well add seven. While they can all show up, they don’t all have effects yet.
There are currently 45 different achievements (I may delete one); 41 are implemented.
We continue to improve advice and fix bugs.
With the iOS sandbox, we can’t just ask testers to send me their saved game. So I added some testing infrastructure to do this. It’s really simple with iOS, an example of how far operating systems have come in the past 11 years.
I’ve started retuning the game to be easier (or perhaps less frustrating). The basic game design means it should be possible to lose, but hopefully a greater percentage of the losses will be dramatic rather than slow and tedious.
One thing I’m pleased to note: the game seems to work well on a small screen. Sometimes the limited real estate does cause problems, but there don’t seem to be any major issues.